2020年50家最大的SaaS上市公司 | 点石分享
作者 | Mike Sonders
来源 | www.mikesonders.com
These are the 50 largest publicly-listed SaaS companies by market capitalization as of mid-January, 2020.
I originally compiled this list for my research on the best marketing channels for SaaS traffic.
All of these SaaS businesses are listed on U.S. stock exchanges, but not all of them are based in the U.S. (Atlassian’s headquarters is in Sydney, Australia, for example.)
Highlights for 2020
All market capitalization figures are for January 15, 2020, unless otherwise indicated. See the data listed at the bottom of the page for detailed numbers including year-over-year growth rates and more.
- Salesforce is still the largest SaaS company in the U.S., with a market capitalization of $161.4 billion. That’s 2.8x bigger than the value of the second-largest company, ServiceNow ($57.9 billion).
- Salesforce has also grown the most in value over the past year. Since I first compiled this list in February, 2019, Salesforce has added $36.0 billion dollars to its market cap. That’s bigger than the entire market value of Atlassian ($33.3 billion), the fifth-largest company on the list.
- Shopify grew almost as dramatically as Salesforce over the past year, adding $31.2 billion in value to its market cap. That moved it up three spots in the list, making it the third largest SaaS company.
- ServiceNow had the third-highest growth, adding $14.8 billion in value. No other company that first appeared on the list last year added more than $8 billion to its market cap.
- The composition of the top 10 SaaS companies hasn’t changed a lot over the past year, with one glaring exception: Zoom IPO’ed less than a year ago in April, 2019, and is already the 8th-largest SaaS business in the country.
- Of the 42 companies appearing on the list in both 2019 and 2020, the average value increased by $3.6 billion and the median value increased by $1.3 billion. Thirty-three (or 78.6%) of the companies saw their value increase, which isn’t very surprising given the performance of the broader U.S. stock markets in the past year.
- The average value of the top 50 largest SaaS companies is $14.6 billion, but the median value is only $7.7 billion, thanks to a handful of huge companies at the top skewing the average upwards.
- The smallest company on the list is PagerDuty, with a market value of $1.9 billion.
- All eight of the companies appearing in the list for the first time in 2020 had IPOs in 2019: Zoom, Slack, CrowdStrike, Datadog, Dynatrace, Medallia, Change Health, and PagerDuty.
- The eight companies falling off of the list from 2019 include The Ultimate Software Group (acquired by private equity), Pivotal Software (acquired by VMWare), athenahealth (acquired by Veritas Capital), CarGurus (disqualified as not SaaS), Medidata Solutions (acquired by Dassault Systèmes), 2U (market cap too low), Ellie Mae (acquired by private equity), and Zuora (market cap too low).
The sheet below includes website traffic data from SimilarWeb and other competitive intelligence tools, and growth rate insights from Cristoph Janz.
Largest SaaS Companies – Jan 2020 : SaaS Top 50